Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Grasshopper Restaurant

I love it when I stumble across a really good restaurant.  And this really good restaurant just happens to be a vegetarian/vegan restaurant.  I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, because when I hear the word vegan, all I can think of are salads.  I love salads, but sometimes I just don’t feel like eating a cold salad.  Grasshopper does vegetarian/vegan comfort food.  We ordered a chick-un banh mi, “pulled pork” bahn mi, and the burger platter (with a classic beefy patty).  When the food arrived, I was amazed at how similar the “meats” looked like the real thing, especially the pulled pork.  The pulled pork, was tossed in a very delicious bbq sauce.  Texture wise, it was a bit chewy, not so melt in your mouth or tender as like the real thing.  But texture of ‘fake meat’ can never be exactly like real meat anyways.  Never expect the texture to be the same, or else you will just be disappointed!
"Pulled Pork" Banh Mi










My chick-un I really enjoyed.  Crispy crunchy on the outside, and firm on the inside, almost like the texture of chicken breast, almost.  
Chick-Un Banh Mi










I think the most disappointing one out of the bunch was the burger with the classic beef patty.  I’ve never really enjoyed vegetarian burgers.  Just never had a good one where the patty was supposed to mimic real meat.  I do enjoy the patties that are made from beans or grains though.  The hubby also mentioned that his burger was doused too heavily with bbq sauce. 

Burger Platter










Each of our dishes came with either a spring salad, kale salad or sesame fries.  I chose the kale salad, which was kale chopped down, and tossed in a gingery lemony dressing.  The sesame fries were French fries tossed with ground up sesame seeds.  Very delicious, gave the fries a very nice flavour.

I’m looking forward to the next time I’ll get a chance to stop by again.  Delicious comfort vegan food.

Grasshopper Restaurant
310 College St.,
Toronto, ON
M5T 1S2

Phone:  (647) 340-3666

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 10:00pm

http://www.grasshopperrestaurant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...