Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Cluny Bistro

Cluny Bistro is located in one of my favorite places in Toronto, the Distillery District.  Something about those cobblestone roads that I love to walk on.  I don’t typically go to restaurants within the Distillery District, especially at this time of the year, because it’s a pain in the butt for parking.  When we did go to Cluny’s it was in October after my half marathon.  New PB this year!  Yay me!  I’m convinced the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon course is easier than the Goodlife course because it’s so flat.  The Goodlife course has that deadly uphill on Yonge just south of York Mills that I attempt to run up….but guaranteed end up walking. 

Cluny is a restaurant that transports you out of Toronto and into a beautiful bistro in France somewhere.  Love it.  What I loved even more was the bread table in the middle of the restaurant.  I couldn’t stop staring at it.  It was like a bread buffet that I wasn’t allowed to touch.  So sad.  I was told by my fellow half marathoner friend that the Cluny’s dinner menu is fantastic.  That’s why my friend suggested Cluny’s for brunch.  After my half marathon, I decided that I could treat myself to a more substantial meal.  I ordered 2 fried eggs on house baguette, and the hubby ordered the wagyu haché. 

The bread display made me decide on my breakfast.  House made baguette.  Mmmmm carbs.  I also changed my order from fried eggs to poached eggs.  Despite the name of the dish being fried egg on baguette, it was also served with bacon, braised cannelloni beans and frites.  I loved every bit of it.  The cannelloni beans were stewed with some tomatoes, the acidity cut down on some of the grease from the rest of the meal.  There was so much food that I unfortunately wasn't able to finish!  
Poached Eggs on House Baguette










The hubby’s wagyu haché was so good.  The waygu wasn’t a steak of anything, but was more like a hamburger patty or meatloaf. This was served with 2 eggs, stewed tomatoes, frites and aioli.  The aioli was to die for.  And I rarely say that.  I couldn’t stop eating the aioli.  I ate it with everything hoping that I wouldn’t run out.  My friends at the table were the same, eating the aioli with everything.  People that didn’t have aioli come with their food, stole from someone that had aioli.
Waygu Hache










Must go back and try dinner.

Cluny Bistro
35 Tank House Lane
55 Mill St., 
Toronto, ON
M5A 3C4

Phone:  (416) 203-2632

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
             Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
             Saturday 10:30am - 11:00pm
             Sunday 10:30am - 10:00pm

http://clunybistro.com/landing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...