Thursday, December 31, 2015

Tokyo Smoke Found

I love it when I randomly find places and they turn out to be AMAZING.  I came across Tokyo Smoke because the coffee house I wanted to check out in Liberty Village was closed.  Closed in the middle of the day on a Saturday. On Yelp, it said that they’re supposed to be open. I guess they make enough money during the weekdays?  Super glad that this place was closed, otherwise I would have never went to Tokyo Smoke Found.  A very interesting name for a coffee shop.  What’s even more interesting is the café itself.  When we arrived, we noticed how narrow the coffee shop was, and the ‘door’ looked like a garage door.  You can order and drink the coffee outdoors, or you could step indoors and order and drink your coffee indoors too.  Theres one long table indoors with walls full of stuff for you to look and buy.  There’s some kitchsy old stuff like old lunch boxes and thermoses, vapor cigarettes, dress shirts, and coffee making equipment. 

I asked the barista if I could use their washroom, she said they don’t have one.  The coffee shop is in a converted alleyway.  Explains how narrow it is.  Coffee itself, so good.  Strong flavour, but super smooth. I ordered a latte, and the hubby ordered a Vietnamese coffee.  My one minor complaint is that my latte, the bubbles were a bit big, so the foamy part wasn’t so smooth.  The hubby’s Vietnamese coffee was super strong!  I assumed it would be too sweet, because typically Vietnamese coffee has condensed milk in there.  But nope, just super strong and smooth coffee.  Still trying to figure out how it’s Vietnamese.
Vietnamese Coffee & Latte










Favourite coffee place down on the west end of Toronto.

Tokyo Smoke Found
850b Adelaide St. W.,
Toronto, ON
M6J 2S1

Phone:  (647) 348-6596

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 7:30am - 7:30pm

http://www.tokyosmoke.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...