Friday, January 24, 2014

Aromaz Bakery

Everytime I think of where this bakery is located, I wonder how they survive.  Aromaz is inside Chartwell mall in scarborough.  There's really nothing in this mall aside from a tiny food court, a really small supermarket, a bank, a restaurant which used to be upscale back in the old days and thats mostly it.  To top it off, you can't even really see this mall if you're driving down the road.  But anyhow, the fact that this bakery is still alive, means they must sell a decent product.

A few months back, I began looking for these pineapple buns with a crushed pineapple custard filling.    I still haven't found it yet, hence me continuing going bakery hopping.  The buns here are average size, with an average price of $1.10 each, which is on the higher end of Chinese bun pricing.  But I would say it's worth the money.  The bun itself is made pretty well, the bread part nice and fluffy but not too fluffy so it becomes 'airy'.  And filling wise, there is quite a bit of filling in there.  A lot of the cheaper buns available at other bakeries tend to have a lot of empty space where the filling should be.  One of the items I picked up, because I haven't seen it at other bakeries is a ginger milk tart with thousand layer crust.  The filling had just enough ginger flavour and was cooked perfectly.  The flaky crust I thought was a little too thick and dense.  Cutting the shell in half and making it a 500 layer crust would have been much better.

Ginger Milk Tart with a Thousand Layer Crust











Aromaz Bakery
2301 Brimley Ave.
Toronto, ON
M1S 5B8

416-321-3232

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...