Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cucina Locale

One of my favourite places for pizza is way up in Richmond Hill.  Come to think of it, i've never blogged about Nonna's Oven.  Next time I go, i'll take some pictures.  Cucina Locale opened recently in the Markham area, a little bit closer to home.  If it's anywhere as good as Nonna's, then I would come here instead.

We ordered a meat pizza, 2 veal sandwiches and an arugula salad to share.  I can't remember the name of the pizza, but looking at pictures, there was sausage, ham, and peppers on the pizza.  The crust was done well, but didn't have that crisp edge while maintaining chewiness.  Veal sandwiches were just ok.  The veal was a little drier than I prefer, and the tomato sauce was a bit bland.  The arugula salad was the best in the bunch.  Very simple with arugula, cherry tomatoes, roasted pepper and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Meat Pizza
Veal with Rapini Sandwich


Arugula Salad



























Even though this is much closer, I think I will be continuing to feed my pizza cravings at Nonna's.

Cucina Locale
4471 Hwy 7 E.,
Markham, ON
L3R 1M1

905-479-2054

Hours:  Monday - Saturday 11am - 10pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cucina-Locale/533600090057705

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...