Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Messini

I fell in love with Greek food when I stopped off in Greece while I was backpacking.  The food so simple, so delicious.  One of the most interesting differences that I noticed here versus in Greece, was that the gyros in Greece were served stuffed with french fries.  It sounds so strange, but it's delicious, and convenient.  Everything that you need to eat in your meal in one small package.  While at the Taste of the Danforth a few years ago, I discovered Messini does that here in Toronto.  I was so pleased!

During the end of the fall term in school, I started to crave gyros.  So I planned with my friends that we would go on Boxing day, because thats when everyone was actually free to go.  We stopped off at Messini's at their new Yonge and Eglinton location.  Their food was still as good as I remember, and priced very well.  My husband and I typically get the 2 gyro combo, and it comes with a salad and fries.  I think the price is around $15 for all of that.  And we usually can't finish it all ourselves.


Chicken Gyro

Greek Salad and Feta Fries



















Messini
2311 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
M4P 2C6

416-483-5555

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 12:00am
             Friday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:00am
             Sunday 12:00pm - 12:00am

http://www.messini.ca/yonge/index.php#

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...