Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bertos Cuisine

This is only the second time I've ever tried Filipino food.  The first was at Casa Manila, which I found was meh and expensive.  This time, my attempt at Filipino food, is their breakfasts.  We had their breakfasts, for lunch.  I'm not quite sure how people can eat that amount and type of food for breakfast,  so heavy!

Whats included in these meals is that they all come with a beef broth as a starter.  It was very flavourful, but reminded me of the beef broth from the Nissan instant noodles.  The meats are then served on top of a garlic fried rice (sinangag), and eggs (itlog).  Usually the egg comes sunny side up.  We requested the eggs to be cooked through, and the cashier looked at us funny but obliged at our weird request anyways.  For our lunches (breakfasts), we ordered the beef pares silog, tosilog, and the longsilog.  The beef pares is a beef brisket, which was very tender, but my complaint is that the pieces were too small.  I guess maybe it's because it helps the beef cook down faster that way?  The tosilog, had tocino, pieces of fried pork.  Kind of reminded me of a cross between a pork chop and pork jerky.  There was a bit of sweetness in it as well.  The longsilog had longanisa which is a sausage.  While I didn't expect to like it, because I'm not a fan of sausages, I did actually like it quite a bit.
Soup

Beef Pares Silog

Tosilog

Longsilog




































Pretty good tasting meal.  And good pricing as well, $8+tax and tip.

Bertos Cuisine
1063 Dundas St. W,
Mississauga, ON
L5C 1C3

Phone:  (905) 232-0203

Hours:  Monday - Friday 9:00a - 9:00p
             Saturday 9:00a - 10:00p
             Sunday 9:00a - 6:00p

http://www.bertoscuisine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...