Thursday, August 11, 2016

MeVaMe Express

I had an appointment to go to, and I was hungry, and MeVaMe Express was close by.  I think it was partly to satisfy the disappointing shawarma from Osmow's Grill.  This location of MeVaMe used to be pretty old and run down looking.  But to my surprise when I walked near the door, I saw they did some renovations, and was looking pretty good now.  Also to my surprise, they now have laffas!  I love laffas.  If you don't know what they are, the way that I would describe it would be that it's a cross between a pita and a roti.  I ordered a falafel laffa and the hubby ordered a chicken shawarma laffa.  I've had laffas before, but I forgot how big they actually are..... I was only able to eat half!  The laffa bread itself was delicious, freshly made.  The falafel, I actually prefer the ones from Sababa down the street more.  The falafel at MeVaMe was a bit too wet for my liking.  It wasn't wet as in soggy, because the outside was nice and crispy, but the inside was mushy like.  The chicken shawarma was delicious, the meat had the crispy bits from rotating on the grill.  I wish I had taken better pictures of the insides.....
Size of Laffa.  Plate is Regular Dinner Plate Size

Chicken Shawarma Laffa

Falafel Laffa




















MeVaMe Express
330 Steeles Ave. W.,
Thornhill, ON
L4J 6W9

Phone:  (905) 771-7377

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 11:00a - 11:00p

http://www.mevamekitchenexpress.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...