Thursday, August 11, 2016

Osmows Grill (Richmond Hill)

If you're ever in Mississauga, you will probably see an advertisement on the buses for an Osmow's Grill being # 1 in terms of the Mediterranean food.  Pretty bold statement if you ask me.  So when i'm at work, I have thought about trying them out multiple times.  But because Streetsville isn't that close to my office, I never went.  So I was pretty excited that Osmow's was opening in Richmond Hill.  Just as a note, Osmow's is franchised.  

So one late afternoon, the hubby and I went to the Osmow's location in Richmond Hill to give it a try.  I was actually craving Greek food that day, but they were closed, so we decided to check out Osmow's.  It was pretty quiet when we arrived, but thats most likely because it was after the normal lunch hour.  We ordered one of their infamous chicken on the rocks, and a chicken shawarma sandwich (regular sized).  As we were waiting for our food, I noticed that they were not cutting the chicken off of the spit, but they were reheating chicken from one of those metal rectangular containers on their flat top.  I shrugged it off, thinking that it was because they wanted to make sure that the meat was hot for us.  We got our food shortly after, and I dug into my shawarma.  I noticed that the chicken did not have those crispy bits that usually you get from roasting on the spit.  I then took a look and noticed that the meat was this greyish colour.  All dark meat or just sitting meat?  Meat was also gristly.  I had to pick out pieces of fat and such.  To make it worse, as I was eating, I found a tomato stem in my sandwich.  No attention to prepping the food?  Also, as I was eating, I kept seeing the staff there shave meat off the spit to collect in those metal containers.  I thought maybe they had an order to fill?  Nope.  I don't get why they would take meat off the spit earlier than need be.

I tried their infamous chicken on the rocks.  I assumed it would be similar to New York's Chicken on Rice from the Halal Guys.  Boy was I wrong.  Again, topped with the same gristly chicken that I got in my shawarma, and the sauce tasted mostly of mayonnaise.  The rice was also super greasy.     
Chicken Shawarma & Chicken on the Rocks

Chicken Shawarma Filling

Tomato Stem in Shawarma
























Take a pass at Osmow's Grill.  I don't know if it's because they are franchised and thats why there is no quality control there.  Maybe other locations taste better?  I don't know, but I'd honestly rather eat anywhere but here.....

Osmow's Grill
8750 Bayview Road, Unit #2
Richmond Hill, ON
L4B 4V9

Phone:  (905) 882-5455

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11:00a - 10:00p
             Friday - Saturday 11:00a - 11:00p
             Sunday 11:00a - 10:00p

http://www.mrosmow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...