Monday, August 1, 2016

Hakka 77

I was bored one night and discovered this somewhat newly opened Hakka restaurant close to home.  I love the chili chicken at Lin Garden in Scarborough, but I haven’t gone in a very very long time.  Mostly because both the hubby and I can’t stomach spicy foods much anymore.  But occasionally, I’ll still get a craving for chili chicken, with no where to go….

I still don’t really know what Hakka food is.  I always thought that it was a fusion of Indian and Chinese cooking.  But my cousin says, my maternal grandmother is Hakka, made much different food than what is offered at Hakka restaurants here.  Sadly, my grandmother doesn’t cook much anymore, so I won’t be able to make the comparison.

One day when I was working from home, I decided to check out Hakka 77 for lunch.  I called them over the phone, put in my order for the chili chicken lunch special, and picked up 10 minutes later.  The lunch special included a vegetarian spring roll, a hot and sour soup or can of pop, and your main dish on white rice.  Portion wise, for the price that you pay is quite decent.  I can’t remember the exact amount, but for some reason $7 is standing out in my head.  But taste of the chili chicken is lacking.  There was enough gravy for the rice, but it just tasted soy sauce salty with a bit of spice. 
Chili Chicken Lunch Special











I guess if I was desperate for some Hakka food, then maybe, but I think I would make the trip to Lin Garden if I had a real hankering for chili chicken.

Hakka 77
165 East Beaver Creek, Unit 28
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4B 3P4

Phone:  (905) 707-7707

Hours:  Monday - Friday 11:00a - 10:00p
             Saturday - Sunday 11:30a - 10:00p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...