Monday, August 1, 2016

Mr. Jerk

This post is due to my hubby again.  He is the one that makes me pick up jerk pork on rice for him every once in a while.  Mr Jerk, located in Peanut Plaza has been around for a very long time.  I feel like I'm sharing a secret that I don't want to share.  Lunch special is less than $10.  Great for all the students near by.  I don’t know if it’s because we don’t eat a lot, but one takeout container is enough for the both of us for lunch. Their dinner portion is just a tad bigger than the lunch special, and a few dollars more.

Jerk pork is very flavourful, not overly salty, and most importantly not dry.  I've tried the jerk chicken on previous occasions, and found that to be quite dry.  I love the rice and peas that sit underneath the pork, and its topped with some cabbage and carrot slaw.  I’m not sure if gravy is supposed to be that thick, as I’ve been to other Caribbean restaurants with gravy that isn’t nearly as thick.  You just need to get over the small grimey looking interior.  There’s no room for you to sit, it’s strictly a take out place.  But good enough to satisfy the occasional craving.
Jerk Pork Lunch Special










Mr. Jerk
3050 Don Mills Rd.,
Toronto, ON
M2J 2C1

Phone:  (416) 491-3593

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 10:30a - 10:00p
             Friday 10:30a - 11:00p
             Saturday 10:30a - 10:00p
             Sunday 12:00p - 7:30p

http://www.mrjerk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...