Saturday, January 11, 2014

Macey's

I remember growing up and hating eating at Chinese restaurants.  My mom cooked Chinese food at home every day, why do we need to eat at Chinese restaurants when we eat out?  I'm not sure if it's because I realize the complexity in cooking Chinese food, even the simplest of dishes, or if it's because I no longer eat Chinese food every night for dinner.  Occasionally I get cravings for fried noodles, fried rice etc.

My coworker introduced me to Macey's.  The restaurant itself is nothing special, in fact, it looks as if it needs a makeover.  But I was told, that usually it's regulars that come to eat here.  Thats a sign of a good restaurant.  We ordered beef and wonton soup rice noodle, baked Portuguese chicken on rice and boiled choy sum.

Beef and wonton soup rice noodle was pretty good.  The beef was very tender, and not fatty.  The wontons were a good size, and made only with shrimp, no pork as filler.  It was very 'crunchy'.
Beef& Wonton Rice Noodle











Boiled choy sum, you can't really screw that up.  In case anyone is wondering why it looks so 'dull', I asked for no oil.

Boiled Choy Sum











Baked Portuguese chicken on rice.  This was my favourite. I find that most restaurants that do this dish put too much coconut milk into it, and it ends up tasting like coconut curry sauce.  Also, the rice was fried rice underneath with plenty of 'wok hay'.  I thought we would have food left over for lunch the next day.....but it was so good that I kept picking at it, and we finished it all.

Baked Portuguese Chicken Rice











Macey's
780 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W,
Mississauga, ON
L5C 3X3
905-306-0080


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...