Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sansotei Ramen

Yet another ramen post.  What can I say, I love my soupy noodles.  I avoided this place for quite a while because of the lacklustre reviews i've seen when they first opened, so I really didn't feel like I would be missing out on much.  Hence left for last almost.

They do 'customized' noodle thickness, noodle cooked-ness, and soup flavour intensity.  So it really is a customized bowl of comfort.  Or so I thought.  The reviews were true to their word for my bowl.  Not so much for my husband's bowl.  The comments that made me stay away for so long was that the broth wasn't hot, it was room temperature.  I have to have my hot foods hot.  My husband's bowl though was steaming hot.  So much for consistency.  Their noodles were good, cooked perfect, we both ordered their 'original' noodles.  The broth was sweet, almost too sweet, almost to the point where it made me wonder if they added MSG.  The pork belly I didn't like, because I don't like huge chunks of pork fat, I like the thinly layered fats in between the meats.  So I spent the time separating meat from fat.  And my egg was missing a chunk of egg white.  Because the ramens were so forgettable, I've forgotten what we ordered. Since on first visits, I normally go for tonkotsu, i'm going to assume thats what I had.  By the looks of the colour of the broth of my husband's, it looks like it could be shoyu.

Tonkotsu Ramen

Ramen, Shoyu?



















Sansotei Ramen
179 Dundas St. W
Toronto, ON
M5G 1Z8

Hours:  Monday - Saturday 11am - 10pm

http://www.sansotei.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...