Monday, January 12, 2015

Almond Butterfly Gluten Free Bakeshop & Espresso

There is this stigma around gluten free products.  And after trying a few, I think it's mostly true.  Gluten free breads taste like dry cardboard.  Gluten free muffins/cupcakes are hard as rocks.  And i'm not the only one that thinks this.  With so much negative feelings towards gluten free products, why try Almond Butterfly?  I was in the area and had time to kill before dinner.  I also needed something to make me feel better after writing a midterm.  Essentially any bakery would have done.  But I've tried most around school already, and I always love trying new places.

Almond Butterfly sells everything from cakes, cookies, muffins, sandwiches, and coffee.  All gluten free.  I didn't order much because I was worried that I wouldn't like it.  So I ordered just a brownie.  One bite, and I was super surprised.  It was moist!  Wasn't this crumbling mess that I was expecting.  Just sweet enough (which may mean for others it may not be sweet enough), and very chocolatey.  Definitely deserves another visit in my books.  Maybe not all gluten free products are horrible.
Gluten Free Brownie











Almond Butterfly Gluten Free Bakeshop & Espresso
100 Harbord St.,
Toronto, ON
M5S 2G6

Phone: 416-948-0225

Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
            Saturday 11am - 6pm
            Sunday 12pm - 5pm

http://www.almondbutterfly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...