Monday, January 12, 2015

Fresh Juices: The Good Press, Greenhouse Juice Co., Raw Juice Co.

Looking online, there seems to be a big debate over whether cold pressed juices or smoothies are better for you health wise.  Cold pressed juices claim to be superior because of the quantity of fruits and veggies you can drink at once.  Smoothies say they are better because juices filter out the fibre out of fruits and veggies.  And we need fibre.

I personally don't have an opinion for either side.  At home I make smoothies, but that is because I don't own a juicer.  I don't want, and don't have the extra counter space to house a juicer.  When I go out, I buy fresh pressed juices just because I love beet juice.  I wonder if I could throw a beet into my blender to make a smoothie.  Just not sure of what texture the smoothie would end up having.

The Good Press
My favourite out of the 3 juicers mentioned in this blog post.  The only reason being that they offer freshly squeezed juices that are made in the morning in a glass bottle, but they also offer freshly squeezed juices when you order on the spot in a plastic cup.  So there won't be the 'sold out scenario'. Price wise, very fair.  Not sure if they offer samples, I've never asked.  I know I have a picture somewhere.....I just can't find it at the moment.

87 Yorkville Ave.,
Toronto, ON
M5R 1C1

Phone: 416-962-4000

http://www.thegoodpress.ca

Greenhouse Juice Co.
Cute little store that offers fresh juices in glass bottles only.  So if you pay them a visit in the afternoon like me, you may not be able to purchase the juice that you intended to drink.  The girls behind the counter were super friendly and let you sample as much as you want before making a decision.  You may think that it's such a waste selling these juices in these glass bottles.  But in fact, they have a little program where if you return a certain number of these glass bottles you can get a drink for free.  Price wise, I think they're slightly more expensive than The Good Press.
Greenhouse Juice Co.














5 Macphearson Ave.,
Toronto, ON
M5R 1W7

Phone:  416-546-1719

https://greenhousejuice.com

Raw Juice Co.
I was walking down Yonge St., and noticed a sign for free samples.  Free....of course I would be there.  The gentleman behind that counter was super friendly and was able to answer all the questions and concerns I had regarding the juices because of my restricted diet at the time.  Juices come in glass bottles, not sure if there's a glass bottle return program like Greenhouse Juice Co.  And same with Greenhouse Juice Co., by the time I went into the store, some of the flavours of juices were already sold out.  Prices were fair for the juices.
Raw Juice Co.














11 Castlefield Ave.,
Toronto, ON

Phone:  416-816-8300

http://www.therawjuicecompany.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...