Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Paradise Farms Beef Bistro

Another beef place.  I made sure I ate enough beef to test for intolerances during this food introduction phase during the Elimination Diet.  My friend wanted to meet up for lunch, and I wasn't sure where.  I stumbled upon Paradise Farms Beef Bistro by looking through all North York restaurants on BlogTo's website.  So glad I found it.  A safe beef place for me during this diet now that I didn't find any reactions.  Paradise Farms Beef Bistro gets their beef from their own farm.  Beef is grass fed, which is hard enough to find in supermarkets, let alone restaurants.  I was super happy!

We ordered the burger, Wagyu roast beef sandwiches, poutine and a side of beef bacon.  In the older posts from BlogTo, when they first opened all toppings were free, even their premium toppings (i.e. caramelized onions, avocado etc.) but now they charge for those.  The only free toppings are the standard ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato etc.  The burger was a bit disappointing.  For a place that raises their own cattle, we didn't understand why the burger patties had to be cooked to a well done (they claimed it was medium well, but you can see in the picture that it's clearly well done).    The burger patty itself was dry.

Burger


The Wagyu roast beef was a different story.  It was juicy and tender.  The only complaint that we had was that as we ate, it seemed to get saltier and saltier.  My friend loved hers so much that she keeps asking when we will be coming back to eat it again.
Wagyu Roast Beef Sandwich

The poutine I was told was very good.  The beef brisket on top was better than the burger.  I had a slice of the beef bacon and it was good.  Tasted like bacon but also had beef flavour.
Poutine

Beef Bacon

One complaint that I have with this place is how unprofessional the people that work behind the counter were.  Both ladies had their headphones on the entire time.  One of them was clearly talking on her phone to her friend the entire time we were eating.  Cellphones should be used on breaks only. But who am I to say, I'm not their boss.

Paradise Farms Bistro
678c Sheppard Ave. E.,
Toronto, ON
M2K 3E7

Phone: 647-347-4195

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 9am - 8pm
             Friday 9am - 9pm
             Saturday 8am - 9pm
             Sunday 8am - 8pm

http://paradisefarmsbistro.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...