Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Market Street Catch

These days, I really don't have many restaurant options where I can eat in because of the Elimination Diet.  If i'm in the St. Lawrence Market area, I typically gravitate towards Buster's Sea Cove, because there's grilled seafood.  And aside from shellfish, I can eat all other sea creatures.  But this particular weekend, I was re-introducing shellfish, so their entire menu would be fair game.  So we decided to make the trek down to the St. Lawrence Market, and also pick up some groceries.  After we parked, we noticed that it was very quiet.  Strangely quiet for the weekend.  We just thought it was because people were still on vacation.  And then we find out, St. Lawrence Market was closed for maintenance for the weekend.  Just my luck.....

I Googled and Yelped, and found Market Street Catch.  And then I remembered that's Buster's sister restaurant!  So we went in for lunch. I ordered grilled shrimp with salad, and the hubby got seared tuna with fries.  On my plate were four ginormous grilled shrimp.  I think they called them prawns.  Same thing to me.  Cooked perfect so it wasn't tough or chewy.  Salad was fresh, nothing was wilted.  I normally enjoy Buster's coleslaw, so I assume I would enjoy it here too, but unfortunately I wasn't able to eat it because I worry that the dressing would have dairy in it.

Grilled Shrimp with Salad











The seared tuna was so good!  Amazing crispy/crunchy (how would you describe a sear?!?) sear on the outside, the inside was cool and raw.  Sounds kind of weird.  But tastes amazing.  As i'm writing this, I can't help but keep looking at the tuna.  The colour of the tuna is so bright.  I couldn't try the fries, but they look pretty normal to me.  I miss fries.
Seared Tuna with Fries











Give Market Street Catch a try.  Same high quality and fresh seafood as Buster's inside the market, but just a more condensed menu.  But I think you can order their most popular items here, with much less noise, and way more space.

Market Street Catch
14 Market Street,
Toronto, ON
M5E 1C3

Phone:  416-363-2020

Hours: Monday 11am - 3pm
            Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 9pm
            Friday - Saturday 11am - 10pm
            Sunday 11am - 9pm

http://marketstreetcatch.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...