Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Studio.89 Cafe

This is one of the coolest places I've been to.  And no it's not like Studio54.  First of all, i'm too young for that, and second of all....clubbing....bleh....  Studio.89 is a non profit organization that serves up fair trade, organic, bird-friendly and rain forest certified coffee and other ethical treats.  When you purchase their food items, the money goes back towards their community hub.  They offer free workshops and resources as well as empowerment and entrepreneurship opportunities.  You can also borrow their space for community events for free (as long as your event isn't charging any money for entry).  Business concept is cool no?

Studio.89 Wall











For lunch we ordered chicken sandwich, chickpea and spinach sandwich and almond milk latte.  The sandwiches all had the same kind of topping or fillers, such as kale, tomato and hummus (can leave them out if you like).  The chicken in the sandwich was shaved deli chicken.  My chickpea and spinach sandwich were essentially flattened falafel balls.  Pretty tasty.  The only complaint I had about my lunch was the hummus.  My sandwich was supposed to have cheese in it.  Because I asked for no cheese, they offered to do double hummus, which I agreed to.  What they forgot to tell me was that the hummus was spicy.  At this point I had stopped eating spicy foods for over 1.5 months.  The spice from the hummus made my stomach feel like it was on fire. I had suggested to them to maybe do a milder version of hummus, or offer a non spicy hummus.  I doubt any kids would have been able to eat that.

Studio.89 Lunch











Another cool thing they have is the take a book leave a book program.  Good place to drop off books that I no longer want to keep.  Fun and homey feeling space, with money going towards something good.  Makes you feel good!

Studio.89 Cafe
1065 Canadian Place, Unit 104
Mississauga, ON
L4W 0B8

Phone:  647-400-0455

Hours: Monday - Thursday 10am - 10pm
            Friday 10am - 11pm
            Saturday 12pm - 11pm
            Sunday 12pm - 9pm

http://www.studio89.org/#intro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...