Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Morton's The Steakhouse

It was a night for celebration (3 belated birthdays, not mine) that my friends were nice enough to plan for a night that co-incided with me testing out red meat for the Elimination Diet.  For me, there were very limited options of what I could eat.  But yet, the rest of them still ordered a crazy amount of food!  What we ordered:

Giant onion bread (came with the meal).  Light and fluffy, eggy and onion-y.
Onion Bread











Seafood Platter for Two (Cooked), meaning two of everything.  Two baked oysters, two shrimp, two bacon wrapped scallops and two crab cakes.  I was told that everything was very good.
Seafood Platter











Chopped Salad (minus the tomato and bacon and swapped out the dressing).  Not only was this salad not very visually appealing, it didn't taste very good.  Not sure if it was because I requested no tomato and bacon.  I also had to swap out the dressing.  The dressing that was supposed to come with the salad was a blue cheese dressing.  Not only do I hate blue cheese, I also couldn't eat it during the diet.  So I asked for balsamic.  The texture of the salad bothered me a lot.  Since it was a chopped salad (I didn't realize it would be chopped so finely), the fresh crispy lettuce texture was lost.  It was like a limp day old salad.
Chopped Salad











The steaks, we ordered a ribeye (that ended up being butterflied because my friend wanted it to be well done), 2 porterhouses, and a veal chop.  The steaks all had good sear on the outside and was tender and juicy on the inside (except for the strip side of one of the porterhouses because it had a tendon running through it).  My veal was amazing even without the butter sauce that it was supposed to come with.  Cooked to a perfect medium rare, it was VERY tender.  The butter I passed onto the hubby, who enjoyed it with his porterhouse.
Butterflied Ribeye

Porterhouse

Veal Chop




























We also ordered a couple of sides.  The bacon macaroni and cheese, grilled asparagus with balsamic glaze, and the truffle parmesan frites.  I was told the macaroni and cheese was so-so, and that I made better.  The frites looked so good!  And the smell of the parm and truffle....so hard to resist, but I did it.  The grilled asparagus was ok, had too much balsamic glaze over it.  I think I could have actually done without the glaze.
Bacon Macaroni & Cheese

Truffle Parmesan Frites

Grilled Asparagus




























Like I said I think we ordered way too much food.  The boys couldn't fit in much dessert, and us gals had dietary restrictions which prevented us from eating the desserts even though it looked so good on the menu.  The boys in the end ordered the chocolate mousse to share.  Had good chocolate flavour, but too dense.  Was an on the house birthday dessert.
Chocolate Mousse














Morton's was a good steakhouse, but nothing that I was blown away with.  Will I come back, not too sure yet since there's so many other steakhouses in Toronto that I haven't tried yet.

Morton's The Steakhouse
4 Avenue Rd.,
Toronto, ON
M5R 2E8

Phone: 416-925-0648

Hours: Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
            Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
            Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm

http://www.mortons.com/toronto/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...