Sunday, January 11, 2015

Inaho Japanese Restaurant

My friend suggested we meet at this restaurant.  He frequents it quite a bit, at least once a week he said.  But this particular week, it would be his second visit.  We didn't make a reservation, and when we walked in, all their tables already had the plastic reserved plaque on them, and this was a weeknight!  Must be a good place since they seem to be so busy, regulars I assume.  So we sat at the sushi bar.  And as it turns out, they were all regulars.  From what I observed, everyone that walked in seemed to know the owners, and they seemed to all be like family.

My friend ordered some soba noodles, and hand roll, both of which I forgot take pictures of.  And I ordered a tempura don.  The reason my friend said that he loves this place is because the fish is fresh. He spent the last few months on the west coast eating really fresh fish, and he says this is the closest to the west coast he's had here since he's been back.  I took his word for it, since at that time I was still anti-fish.  My tempura don was ok, nothing to be crazy over.  I personally found the tempura batter to be a little heavy.  The sushi rice underneath was flavoured well.

Tempura Don











End of the meal came with choice of either ginger, green tea, or black sesame ice cream.  Pretty standard.  The only 'downside' was the little roach critter that I saw scurry by our feet.  I'm sure other restaurants have the same thing, but would have been better that I didn't see it.

Inaho Japanese Restaurant
155 East Beaver Creek Road,
Richmond Hill, ON,
L4B 2N2

Phone: 905-889-8533

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...