Sunday, October 4, 2015

Gong Cha Markham

There’s still so much craziness about these bubble teas and similar drinks.  I stopped by Gong Cha one hot Saturday afternoon just to try them out and compare with Cha Time.  Drink offerings are very similar, with the exception of these special toppings, ie foam.  We just ordered off their ‘best sellers’ list of drinks, wintermelon milk tea with grass jelly, and the royal milk tea with grass jelly.  The royal milk tea with grass jelly was ordered full sweet, and less ice.  This one seemed to be ok.  My wintermelon milk tea with grass jelly was ordered half sweet, and less ice.  They totally got the order wrong!  How is it that my drink that is half sweet, when compared with a full sweet drink is sweeter?  Honest mistake?

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went back for a second round a few weeks later.  I ordered the drink unsweetened with less ice.  Unsweetened to me is 0% sugar added.  The girl at the cash told me that it can’t be done unsweetened, because there is already some sugar in something.  I’m like ok, just don’t add any extra sugar.  Then she responds, ok, we’ll do it half sweet.  I got confused, isn’t 50% sweet the same as adding sugar still?  I just paid and grabbed my drink and left.  Drink is still too sweet. 
Winter melon Milk Tea & Royal Milk Tea










Gong Cha, you have failed me twice.  Will not be returning ever again.  Please train your staff to at least get their story straight with the drinks.

Gong Cha Markham
3636 Steeles Ave. E.,
Markham, ON 
L3R 1K9

Phone:  (905) 604-9323

Hours: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm - 12:00am

http://www.gong-cha.com/en/home.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...