Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint

Late night stop on the way up to our annual cottage outing.  It turned out to be later than originally planned, so we were starving!  Pie was on an episode of You Gotta Eat Here, so our friend suggested we stop by for dinner to try it.  By the time we made it up to Barrie, I think it was almost 9:30pm.  We had some friends that already arrived a bit earlier so they had ordered this pizza poutine appetizer.  I can’t find it on the menu online.  It’s essentially sausage, pepperoni, cheese and tomato sauce on fries.  I ate a small amount of it because I was super hungry.  But it was so salty that I couldn’t really eat much more.
Pizza Poutine











We ordered a pizza each, not realizing that they’re larger than personal sized pizzas.  So obviously we had a bunch of left overs in the end.  I can’t remember what my friends ordered, but I ordered a margherita (for some reason they call it KOBI 40), and the hubby ordered a cow pie.  The margherita wasn’t the bad but it wasn’t great.  Simple toppings of tomato sauce, mozzarella, and fresh basil, can’t get easier than that right?  But it just wasn’t memorable. 
Margherita Pizza











The hubby’s cow pie had braised beef shank, roasted potato, spinach, mushrooms, onion, cheese sauce, and parmesan.  I wouldn’t have thought about putting these toppings together, let alone on a pizza.  But it seemed to work.  What I didn’t like was the raw onion.  I hate raw onion, and there was so much of it too.
Cow Pie










Overall, I’m not sure Pie would be a pizza joint that I would necessarily frequent again.  I think it has to do with their pizza crust.  It’s a bit denser than I would prefer.  I’m not sure which region of Italy’s pizza crusts I like, but it’s usually lighter, fluffier, with bigger air pockets.

Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint
31 Commerce Park Dr.,
Barrie, ON
L4N 1X8

Phone:  (705) 725-WOOD (9663)

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11:30a - 10:00p
             Friday - Saturday 11:30a - 11:00p
             Sunday 11:30a - 10:00p

http://www.eatmypie.ca/#about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...