Sunday, October 25, 2015

Neo Coffee Bar

Another late night treat from a new café.  This is why I’m gaining weight.  Having treats this often, plus it being nighttime treats, can only lead to weight gain, for me at least.  But so hard to say no because they’re delivered right to my door!  These places are pretty inaccessible to me normally since they’re located in the downtown core. 

Neo Coffee Bar is a café of sorts, serves coffee and such, but specializes in Japanese style pastries.  As I haven’t been there myself, I can’t comment on whether there’s seating, how the service is etc.  Heck I can’t even comment on the coffee.  What I did get delivered was a matcha white chocolate chunk cookie, a match red bean roll cake, and fruit roll cake.

The cookie had good matcha flavour.  But the texture of it was very crumbly, almost shortbread like, but didn’t have that buttery taste.  The matcha red bean roll cake, surprisingly didn’t have much matcha flavour.  There was more red bean flavour than anything.  Which is surprising since there’s only that bit of red bean in the cream filling.  The fruit roll was my favourite.  The vanilla cake had really good egg flavour.  And I love the use of fresh fruits.  In this case, the fruits were strawberries and blueberries.  Also overall, the texture of the cake was very good.  Quite smooth, considering the amount of air bubbles the picture shows.  And most importantly, the cake was moist!
Matcha Cookie, Roll Cakes











Neo Coffee Bar
161 Frederick St.  Unit 100,
Toronto, ON
M5A 4P3

Phone:  (647) 348-8811

Hours:  Monday - Friday 7:00a - 7:00p
             Saturday - Sunday 7:00a - 5:00p

http://www.neocoffeebar.com/#top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...