Sunday, October 4, 2015

La Taquizza

Real authentic Mexican food in Vaughan?  No way!!!!  Of course I’m there.  As the hubby was driving there after yoga class, I read the reviews on Yelp.  They have some pretty good reviews, got me pretty darn excited.  Tacos, delicious tacos……and I won’t have to drive downtown to get them!  Menu seemed pretty standard, nothing too out of the norm.  We ordered a horchata, chicken tinga tacos, and the fish tacos. The tacos come with a side, you can get their beans or rice.  We got one of each to try.   After ordering, we went to the salsa bar to grab some salsas to accompany the tacos.  They make their own in the restaurant.  There were 2 red salsas, both of different heat level, 1 green salsa, fresh cilantro, chopped onions and limes.

The horchata was pretty good, creamy, sweet, cinnamony taste.  
Horchata













The chicken tinga tacos were served ‘naked’ as they call them.  On corn tortillas!  So glad it’s not flour tortillas, bleh.  Serving them 'naked' gives you the flexibility of putting on the accompaniments of your choice.  I put green salsa, onions, cilantro and lime juice.  Still not enough flavour.  The chicken tinga tacos were so bland!  Also, there was more potato than chicken.  Is there supposed to be potato in the filing?  I don’t recall ever having any potato in tacos before.  I loaded the remainder of my tacos with other salsas to give it some sort of flavour.  The beans were also bland and watery.  So again I had to load the beans with salsa to give it flavour.  The rice had some flavour, tasted like MSG.  So not the greatest in my opinion.  The fish tacos looked a lot better.  The fish was grilled, not fried.  Topped with avocado and some sour cream based sauce.  The hubby liked the fish tacos.  I took one bite and found it a bit too fishy for my liking.
Chicken Tinga Tacos, Fish Tacos











Yes it’s better than Taco Bell, but no I wouldn’t return for tacos.  I’d rather drive the farther distance and go downtown for better Mexican.  Even with my dislike for the food, there were a steady stream of people coming in to do take out orders of burritos.  Maybe their burritos are better than their tacos?

La Taquizza
3175 Rutherford Rd., 
Concord, ON
L4K 0A3

Phone:  (905) 669-2277

Hours:  Monday Closed
             Tuesday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm
             Friday - Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
             Sunday 11:30am - 9:00pm

http://www.lataquizza.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...