Sunday, October 25, 2015

Millie Creperie

What is a mille crêpes cake?  Its essentially a 'cake' that is composed of several layers of crêpes with a cream filling in between each of the layers.  I'm not sure if there's a typical number of layers that is usually used to make the cake, but the direct translation is 1000.  I highly doubt that there's any bakery that will make the cake with 1000 crêpes.  It would be too heavy, too labour intensive, and too big to eat!  

Millie Creperie, as their name indicates, makes crêpes, including the mille crêpes cake.  They come in different flavours, I chose to try the vanilla flavour.  The vanilla cream was very good.  I wish I could have had more.  I found the crêpe layers to be a bit too soft, to the point of being a bit mushy/soggy.  I have to say that I didn't try the cake fresh, it was purchased in the afternoon, I didn't eat it until late at night.  So I'm not sure if thats why the cake is softer than I would like.  My friend said that his (different flavour), was ok, even though he ate it late at night too.
Crêpes Cake











Seems like I need to make a trip down to Kensington Market to give them a try when the cake is 'fresh'.  But I know if i'm down at the store, I'll be tempted to try their other offerings, mainly the crêpe with Japanese green tea gelato.

Millie Creperie
161 Baldwin St.,
Kensington Market,
Toronto, ON M5V 3H9

Phone:  (416) 977-1922

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 12:30p - 8:30p
             Friday - Saturday 12:30 - 10:00p
             Sunday 12:30p - 8:30p

http://milliecreperie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...