Sunday, October 25, 2015

Metro Square Food Court: Lucky Curry House, Taipei Chin Yuan Pai Ku

On a busy Saturday afternoon, the hubby and I were running around doing errands, it was already late, closer to 2pm, when we decided we should probably stop off somewhere for lunch.  We were close-ish to Metro Square, so we decided to stop by there for lunch.  Whenever I pass by there, I think of curry and roti.  My mom found the Lucky Curry House located within the foodcourt of Metro Square many many many years ago.  On a night where she didn't feel like cooking us kids dinner, she would grab a beef curry and roti for us.  Lucky Curry House is a Malaysian type curry.  Their curry has less spice flavouring than lets say Indian curry, and is flavoured with a bit more ginger and lemon grass.  I don't know if they changed owners, but the roti just wasn't the same as before.  I don't know if it's because my kid taste buds are different than my adult taste buds, or if reminiscing about food, the food always tends to be better.  The roti that we got wasn't as light and fluffy as I remember it being.  The one we got was small, and oily.  The chicken curry was still good.  I could just drink that stuff.....  Speaking of drink, the order came with a drink, we chose chrysanthemum tea.
Chicken Curry with Roti











There are two things that the Taiwanese are known for, beef noodle and popcorn chicken.  The hubby had a hard time decided, but ended up picking up his favourite beef noodle from Taipei Chin Yuan Pai Ku which is on the complete opposite end of the food court.  The beef was flavoured well, the broth was bland.  I didn't particularly like the noodles either, they tasted floury/doughy.  No something I would order again from them.  I would like to try their other offerings though.
Beef Noodle











Metro Square Food Court
3636 Steeles Ave. E.,
Markham, ON
L3R 2Z5

Phone:  Lucky Curry House (905) 947-0668
             Taipei Chin Yuan Pai Ku (905) 940-2008

http://www.metrosquare.ca/restaurants.php

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.
    Best Food Truck In LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Truck Catering Wedding The particulars you could have posted will be quite useful. services you have alluded is actually very good. Cheers related to giving

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...