Saturday, October 17, 2015

Redline Coffee & Espresso Bar

This is a place that is totally out of the normal neighborhoods that I frequent, but we were feeling adventurous that Saturday morning.  Maybe it had to do the adrenaline rush from my morning run, I ran 7k instead of 5k, always feels good to run more than you planned on running.  After we found a place to park, and were walking to Redline Coffee & Espresso Bar, we passed by this building, that looked awfully familiar.  OMG!  It’s a building where they shot Rookie Blue.  The past few weeks I’ve been obsessed with the show.  Obsessed to the point where I would watch episode after episode when I had the time.

Redline is pretty much at the corner of Queen East and Parliament, very easy to find.  For some reason I was expecting a super modern looking coffee house.  What I was greeted with was a coffee house with lots of kitschy little items that you can actually buy.  We ordered a mochachino, single latte and a chocolate chip cookie.  I paid with my credit card as I normaly would, but the machine was different.  Almost ancient looking.  Turns out they’re using a super old credit card machine that Pizza Pizza used to use.  

My latte was pretty smooth, but borderline too weak.  I guess I should have ordered a double.  The mocha was too sweet for me.  I find in general mochas are too sweet.  But for some reason the hubby likes to order it even though he's not a sweets guy.  That I don't understand.  What I would come back for is not their coffee even though it's not bad, but their chocolate chip cookie, AMAZING.  It rivals my favourite chocolate chip cookie made by Le Gourmand.  Thick, chewy, with just enough chocolate chunks.  So good.  I think they actually bake the cookies themselves, not too sure though, I didn't ask.
Mocha, Latte, Cookie














Redline Espresso
354 Queen St. E.,
Toronto, ON
M5A 1T2

Phone:  (647) 344-3865

Hours:  Monday - Friday 8:00a - 5:30p
             Saturday - Sunday 8:00a - 5:00p

http://www.redlinecoffee.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...