Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Seven Lives Y Mariscos

Now this is a restaurant that has been on my radar for like FOREVER.  Everytime I’m downtown, I’m either not in the area, or if I’m in the area, they’re closed.  It almost felt like it just wasn’t meant to be.  And when I finally gave up hopes of eating there, an opportunity finally opened up!  Don’t plan to go with a big group.  There’s very limited seating, and some really high counter space.  For vertically challenged me, I couldn’t eat at the counter. So we ended up sitting on their bench outside. 

 The menu at Seven Lives Y Mariscos isn’t that big, but thats ok because I’d rather go to a place that has a few items to offer, but they do it well.  And they do it well here.  We ordered 4 tacos to split between the two of us, thinking that should be just enough, as I wanted to check out another place in Kensington Market too.  So we ordered the Gobernador, carnitas, pulpo en mole verde, and mushroom & cactus.  Even though I had done my research prior to coming, and I saw the pictures of the tacos, I didn’t know that they would actually be that big!  I guess I’m used to the super tiny tacos other places serve.  Holy flavourtown!  I’m not sure how authentic these tacos are, but they are sure delicious.  I’m imagining that there’s some sort of ‘fusion’ in these tacos.  The Gobernador has smoked marlin, shrimp and cheese.  I just took a bite of the shrimp.  Well cooked, not rubbery.  The carnitas were good too, the pork was really tender.  Really juicy.  Actually all the tacos were really juicy and messy to eat.  Pulpo en mole verde, super tender octopus.  I need to learn how they cook octopus like this.  The mole verde was a pumpkin seed mole sauce, I couldn’t taste the pumpkin seed, but still very good.  Last was the cactus and mushroom.  I ate a piece of cactus not knowing that it was cactus.  I thought it was pepper that may have been meant for another taco that fell into mine.  Then I realized it was cactus.  This one I liked the most, although it could have done with less salt. 
Tacos











I’m looking forward to the next time I get to eat here again.  I just need to remember that I can eat at most 1.5 tacos here so my stomach won’t feel like it wants to explode.

Seven Lives Y Mariscos
69 Kensington Ave., 
Toronto, ON
M5T 2K2

Phone:  (416) 393-4636

Hours:  Monday - Tuesday CLOSED
             Wednesday - Sunday 12:00p - 7:00p

https://www.facebook.com/SevenLivesTacosYMariscos



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...