Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Cannonball

Going to buy flowers from the monthly Toronto Flower Market gives me an opportunity to try out the independent coffee shops in the east end.  When I tried to look for a place that was within walkable distance from the market, F’Coffee appeared, but when I Googled, The Cannonball appeared with the same address.  So strange, right?  After a bit more Googling, it appears that F’Coffee used to be at this location, and The Cannonball took over not too long ago.  Similar to LazyDaisy’s Café, although not as family friendly, they also serve food, simple sandwiches alongside coffee.

We ordered a latte, and another espresso based drink (my memory is getting worse and worse these days), a breakfast bagel, and a Rueben sandwich.  The coffees were just ok in my books.  It’s better than any chain place of course.  But I’m not sure it’s worthwhile to make an out of the way trip.  What I did like were the sandwiches.  Nothing super difficult to make, they were very simple.  But they were good.  My breakfast sandwich had egg, tomato and cheese.  The egg wasn’t overcooked, and somewhat fluffy.  Bagel was most likely a store bought bagel.  And it came with tortilla chips.  The Rueben came with potato chips.  The hubby liked the amount of meat in there, but he thought that there was too much sauerkraut.  That’s personal preference though I think. 
Some Espresso Drink & Latte

Reuben & Breakfast Bagel



















Like I mentioned before, I like how The Cannonball serves food, although simple food, alongside coffee, is another point for them.  Sometimes you feel like a coffee and a sandwich.  That doesn’t mean that I want to have good coffee, and subpar prepackaged sandwiches, or great fresh sandwiches, and subpar coffee.  The Cannonball is a happy medium.  I just saw on their Facebook page that they also serve beer and have live music.  I'm assuming that live music maybe on Thursday nights?

The Cannonball
641 Queen St. E.,
Toronto, ON
M4M 1G4

Phone:  (416) 463-0500

Hours:  Monday - Wednesday 7:30a - 5:00p
             Thursday 7:30a - 12:00a
             Friday 7:30a - 5:00p
             Saturday 9:30a - 4:00p
             Sunday CLOSED

https://www.facebook.com/thecannonball641

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...